Monday, November 26, 2012

Did I mention the 100 cups thing?

That's right, 100 cups.  I have given myself the challenge to produce 100 cups over the next 3 months.  I have been working on cups off and on trying to find my form or voice - a vessel shape that pleases me.  I thought maybe after 100 cups I might be a little closer to the end of my journey. 

These are the second batch of cups I have worked on in the series.  These are porcelain with under glaze.  I thought it would be interesting to show you what a cup looks like before it is bisque fired - you see, these are still just raw dry clay (no firing has been done at this stage in the process).




The raise relief detail is called slip trailing.  This is a liquefied clay that is applied much like a icing on a cake. The color you see is called under glaze which is a glaze that will appear under the more translucent glaze applied after the bisque fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment