Saturday, May 16, 2009

Glazed Pendant Results




My latest kiln fire went well. 10 hours to Cone 6 and 24 hours for the kiln to cool down to 180 degrees.
I thought I would share how my little pendants turned out. The first photo above was taken of the pendants inside my kiln just before I closed the lid. I did glaze both sides of each and then rested them on a very small 3 prong stilt. I crushed some blue and yellow glass and sprinkled it on the top of each pendant. You can see the results in the second image. The last image is the back side of one of the pendants which is typical of all three. As you can see it has three small prong marks from the stilt. I expected that, but I don't know how objectionable it really is...maybe OK? I did grind of any sharp points to the prong marks and they are smooth at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment