Sunday, July 18, 2010

HOT to Fire

Heat Index has been up to 110 degrees this week in the Ozarks and I decided to fire my kiln!
My studio interior temperature neared 100 degrees as the kiln reached Cone 6.
Below are just a couple of pieces from the firing, but watch over the next few days as I post more images.
I am excited about my glazing! I am finally getting a couple of things I like zeroed in that I will be using more consistently going forward.

Set of 4 Bowls (Two Pictured), 6"x 2.5", Wheel Thrown with multiple glazes.






The Twins, Wheel Thrown and cut in half and altered with stamped brocade texture added to interior walls. The exterior of this piece uses a combination of two glazes that I have discovered gives a wood fired appearance! I am excited about this combination.




No comments:

Post a Comment