Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hot Syrup!

There is nothing better than hot syrup on pancakes or waffles. This little pitcher is inspired from a piece my wife has and uses to heat syrup in the microwave. It measures about 3.5" tall and the opening at the top is about 2" in diameter. A well formed spout and handle complete the piece.

These were just made and are shown as greenware. I have never made a piece with a spout before and I was somewhat please at how these turned out.

I created a paper template to rough out the spout from a rolled out slab. I then draped it over a piece of cardboard that was folded like a tent. They were allowed to dry almost leather hard allowing me to attach them to the thrown body. Once attached I cut away the body that intersected the spout.

No comments:

Post a Comment